EMB-STOP SBT Stop Block Turn device
For ship drives up to 25 MW per propeller shaft
The Stop Block Turn brake EMB-STOP SBT is made up of one or several disk brakes, locking elements and turning devices.
Out SBT devices (Stopping – Blocking – Turning) are mainly used on propeller shafts in maritime applications: from small yachts to cruise ships or large supply vessels.
The functions “stopping”, “blocking” and “turning” can optionally be performed individually or as a double or triple combination:
»stopping«, »blocking« or »turning«
»stopping and blocking«, »stopping and turning or »blocking and turning«
»stopping, blocking and turning«
All versions are supplied along with a control allowing for local triggering of the device from the engine room or from the navigation bridge. The SBT device is available as an electrical or hydraulic version. State-of-the-art electrical ship drives can additionally be equipped with the “all electric” version which is very quiet.
Properties of Stop Block Turn device EMB-STOP SBT:
– electromechanical / hydraulic brake system
– blocking device propeller shaft
– turning device propeller shaft
– high torques up to 126 kNm
– high blocking torques up to 645 kNm
– high brake torques up to 400 kNm
The type with electric brake is self-locking which means that it remains in the current condition, i. e. released or applied even if the supply voltage fails.
Signals: brake released, brake applied, wear of brake pad, locking pin extended, turning device engaged, turning device in resting position and locked.
- Redundant safety limit switch
- Easy replacement of brake pads
- All common supply voltages of drives possible
- Control with local operation and interface with the navigation bridge
- Mechanical and manual operation possible
- Variable adjustment of clamping force by the manufacturer
- Large pad surface for low surface pressure and low wear
- „Plug ‘n Play“
- Various AC and DC drive versions
- Adapted pad materials for miscellaneous applications
- Individual mechanical interfaces on request
- Electrical brake is self-locking
- Also available for severe shock load (on request)